New positions open
Peer Navigator Profile
Location: Miami Made County
Job Type: Part Time – 28 hours
The Peer Navigators will focus on reaching target populations (MSM – LGBT community) in high risk situation. They will actively use social media and dating apps to promote safe sex practices based on PrEP benefits; health care access and adherence, educating with the possibility to maintain an HIV- negative status. Using outstanding communications skills and well-timed information, the Peer Navigators will impact the community with empathy, cultural relevance, proper information while minimizing the stigma and encouraging equality and unity.
They will also participate in other activities and other promotional initiatives that will bring the project to different audiences. This position involves close collaboration with other other Peer Navigators, Health Care Facilities/ Miami-Dade County Health Department.
- Identify places / businesses / social groups and events where target populations gather.
- Program periodic visits to these places in order to reach new clients.
- Communicate with the Program Director in order to improve the outreach strategy through weekly analysis of inputs to the referral system.
- Participates in other CBOs activities that involve target population and where we could bring access to PrEP.
- Participates in other agency representations / events / venues.
Internet Outreach and Linkage
- Conducts Internet Outreach on dating apps and Facebook, providing accurate and consistent information about PrEP and other HIV prevention options.
- Identify online sites where target population could be appropriately reached.
- Refer Prospective PrEP clients to Health Care Facilities.
- Assist the clients in making appointments.
- Meet the client at the location and provide companionship to the client during appointments.
- Keep accurate data and documentation as requested.
Education: High School diploma required.
Training and Experience:
No experience required working in HIV prevention programs.
Experience using different social media highly preferred.
Relevant knowledge about PrEP
- Must be bilingual (Spanish-English).
- Relevant knowledge of HIV/STI prevention options required.
- Previous experience and domain of Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent writing and analytical skill are required.
- Manage to accomplish tasks timely and by deadline.
- Ability to talk about sexual topics in a regular language.
- Proper and Professional communication with target populations, clients and Health Care Facilities.
- Detail oriented.
- Maintain Confidentiality.
- Must be self driven.
- Own transportation is required.
- Must be able to work flexible hours.
- Must have computer access.